Monday 23 February 2009

Work Related Learning // WRL // Session 1

Today was the dawning of a new era; the Work Related Learning era to be precise. I am glad to report it was a success, and a flop at the same time. The success was that it went really well and looked like it was going to be a great project, the flop was that I was the only one that turned up!

The unit is intended to help me to develop my understanding of the creative industries, and identify future employment opportunities.

My plans and expectations in relation to the unit will be presented in the form of a Learning Agreement, which will be discussed with my unit leader.

I will be expected to make all relevant industry-level contacts through my own research, and the onus throughout the unit will be on me to arrange visits, interviews, and a work experience placement and/or professional assignment.

I was given a brief introduction to what is asked of us and how I go about doing it. We lightly discussed what I would like from the unit and what I can see my future consisting of.

No comments: