Friday 20 February 2009

Learning Agreement

Today we also had to hand in our Learning Agreement for the Professional Project. It was a big relief as it took a lot of my mind and showed me what I really needed to put into action.

Synopsis of Study

For my Professional Project I am going to create a clothing brand that will compete with the likes of Bench., Burton, Topman and River Island. It will be a clothing brand that will concentrate on contemporary fashions and have a range of clothing to suit the pocket of both students and professional individuals. I am going to look into the difference between high street retailers such as Topman and River Island, and the more expensive high-end clothing companies, such as Armani and Gucci. I will look into how and why they are more expensive and whether there are any ways you can get such a good quality clothes for high street prices.

As I am starting the brand from scratch I will decide on an appropriate name. Possibly generate about 5 or 6 names and let my peers decide which they like the most. Both genders would have to be taken into consideration for this in order to avoid gender discrimination although I would like to mainly stick to male association. By deciding to undertake the brand development side of things I am venturing into the field of what I would like to do in the near future, it will also show that I am capable of developing a company from scratch.

My target audience will be the younger generation, yet not too young. 18 - 30 is a good age range as the brand will benefit all groups between those ages. The clothing will be high quality at affordable prices. Yet there will also be sections where higher paid individuals can splash out on more expensive clothing.

The brand development would consist of the designing the Logo, Stationery and Website Layout. Besides the required I am also going to design a few items of clothing that have the company’s style or signature on them. By designing the clothing ranges I am stepping out of my boundary, as I have never created anything to do with fashion design before.

Recently I have become more interested in the modern fashion era. Which I wish wasn’t the case as it involves spending money I currently do not have. I wanted to do this project as it would be something I have never even thought about doing, hopefully it will be very different and give me a whole new incentive on the aspect of work I wish to undertake. I propose to present the brand development and brand guidelines; along with some clothing designs in order to kick-start the company. I also think this is going to be a very successful project as it looks about the correct amount to do in the time given. It is not too big and yet it isn’t too little either.

No comments: