Thursday 27 November 2008

WAYNE HEMINGWAY Lecture

On the 27th October 2008 at 2:30pm I attended a lecture by Wayne Hemingway who together with his wife created the world famous Red or Dead. The talk was very informative and he gave me a good insight into what a designer really should be like. I am going to do a bit of research into TRASHION and VELIB as they portray the design world in it's best form nowadays.

I learnt a lot for the lecture, I learnt that the UK is the highest exporter of creativity in the modern era. I learnt to go further than you believe you can go and to never fear failure, have a good go at an opportunity when it arrises. But the most important advice I learnt was to never be a pigeon hole designer, don't be a graphic/web/fashion designer, just be a designer!

No comments: