Tuesday 11 November 2008

11th October 08

As the final deadline for the Animal packaging project approaches I have come up with three seperate designs.

IDEA #1
This was my first idea. It is pretty self explanitory. A very simple design that just houses the watch and opens up at a 90' angle. At first I thought it looked nice, yet over time the design just got boring.


IDEA #2
This was my second idea. As your can see it's a lot more complicated than the first one. From the outside it just looks like a normal rectangular box, yet when you open the first section as show in the first image to reveal the watch, you notice that there is a "secret" sliding draw which slides out and opens to reveal a tool depending on the sport. i.e Snowboarding would be a Binding Tool. It would be made from the good quality cardboard that Apple uses to package there Mac range. This would give it a quality feel and would be strong enough to house both the watch and the tool. Plus, cardboard can be recycled.


IDEA #3
I came up with this design yesterday as I was starting to go off my second idea. I really like how this works. The cyclinder seperates into two by swivelling around on a pivot to reveal the watch, or tool, depending which Animal prefers. It is held in its stationary state by a tiny magnet placed inside each section. The second part it that the Animal Logo is a button to release a lid that reveals either the tool or the watch. This is held by a tiny latch that the button releases. The shape is very uni-sex and the colours will depend on what Animal wants. Overall I think it is a very nice design that I could see working well in the industry.


I have also come up with some graphics that would go on each design depending on the sport the watch is aimed at.


PLEASE COMMENT

No comments: