Thursday 27 November 2008

27th October 08

It has been nearly a week since I handed my Visual Communication in Context 2 unit. Overall I was pleased with my end result, I managed to get everything I wanted done. Looking forward to seeing what my result is and how I can improve.

Today we got our second unit; Screen Based Communication 2. The objective is to produce a web site that will house my work, acting as an online portfolio and curriculum vitae. Our site must be designed to be part of an integrated web campaign.

Aims

A1: 
To understand the characteristics of contemporary web-based culture and user-centered design.
A2: 
To understand the current state of technology in relation to web design.
A3: 
To develop analytical skills, organisational skills and creative ability in order to express ideas and communicate information interactively.

I have been looking forward to this project since last year when seeing the second year's work. When I have had a spare minute here and there I have been working towards creating a brand for myself. Last year a friend an I toyed with the idea of creating a media productions company. He is an editor and is based mainly around film, I am a graphic designer, working together we have a broad range of working techniques. I came up with the name AIIEX but we have never really followed through with the idea. I was debating using the company brand for this screen based project but thought better to design my own personal website and look into doing AIIEX at a later date. 

Introduction Notes

Website - Online Portfolio
Good industry to get into

Make sure you never have to use the back button the site.
Integrated Web Campaign - Linking it to other sites...Facebook, Flickr, Blogger etc.
Common Type Fonts - Gill Sans, Century Gothic, Arial, Helvetica.
What is the Web? (Book) Rotavision.
W3.org
Web 2.0 - User Interaction - GMail.
Photoshop Online.
View ----> View Source
Window ----> Activity
Could create a new splash page for vizcom.org
Good pencil drawn mock-ups saves you a lot of time.
So does flow charts and story boards.
CAPTURE PEOPLE STRAIGHT AWAY, THEY DON'T WANT TO HANG AROUND!

What I need to hand in at the end

Final Site uploaded on server.
Artwork.
Files on CD-R.
Sketchbooks.
Design Sheets.

Looking forward to it!

No comments: