Friday 17 October 2008

17th October 08

OK so we are a week into the project and have had our first critiques. I presented Neil and Claire five of my designs. I got good feedback from four of them yet the fifth one, which was the first design I created they didn't like, which was a mutual agreement as is did look inferior to the others. Even so I will stil post it up for all to see.

As you can see it isn't a very strong design and wouldn't benefit the collection in any way. For the second design I used inspiration from the 60 Million Postcards flyer. I really like this design, and the subtle 'Happy Birthday' in the bottom corner just finishes it off nicely.



Because I am using a black background in all the design in the collection, I am having to portray the Black of the CMYK with a White stroke. Even so, it still looks cool. The third and fourth design are probably my favourites. I was attempting to produce one design and ended up with a completely different one, which is never a bad thing. I like how it all fits together, the colours work the layout works, and the text just adds to it. See what you think.


The last design to be critted was the following. I really don't know how this design popped into my head but I find it came out pretty well. As you can see I've been using all the CMYK colours in the image work and then using a simple White for the text. I find this just brings more of an emphasis to the text over the vibrant other colours.


Neil and Claire both then said now that I've used squares and circles, why not try trianges, so thats exactly what I did. The first design I find isn't as strong as the second, but then again it is completely unique in the collection. The second is the a alteration of the circle design above.


Now that I had done the triangles I thought I would try another shape, using the inspiration of a honeycomb I came up with the following. This is my favourite of the collection. Once completed, Neil pointed out to me that it looked similar to an old D&AD book cover. I have tried finding this yet have had no luck, but will keep searching and if I find it, it will be posted.


PLEASE COMMENT ON ANY ABOVE.

No comments: