Friday 23 January 2009

Website Project

I haven't really spent much time on my blog for quite a while now. Since my last post a lot has changed, including my final website layout. In the end I chose to go with an arty feel, the second design on my last post. This was because no matter how many times I change my mind over the designs I had created, I ended up getting bored with it. Having too many ideas can be worse than having none at all.

Overall I am pleased with the progress I made and the knowledge I picked up with this project. I had been looking forward to this project for some time, since I seen the second year’s websites when I was in the first year in fact. I am glad I decided to do it in Flash as I think I would have just struggled a lot more in Dreamweaver, I haven’t quite got my head around that yet, but it is on my to do list! There will come a time that I will have to design a website in Dreamweaver and I plan on updating my knowledge on it very soon.

I think the aspect of the assignment that surprised me the most was the amount of information I took in about the world wide web, HTML, java script and action script. At first it all looked like chinese but after a while I got used to it and coding became fairly second nature.

I will take a lot away with me from this project and I am pleased with that being the case. I have learnt a lot from tutors and the assistants that were always there to help. Good project indeed!

To view my final website click here and enjoy

No comments: